Saturday, August 28, 2010

DC through my lens

Just so we're clear, Adam's a pretty decent photographer. His experience as an artist (incredibly talented painter!) serve him well in the photographic medium. But I took the better equipment home with me. ;) Though he tried hard to talk me into leaving it! Love that boy, but I have plans for that camera this weekend! As previously mentioned, while the guys were at the rally, I hooked up with some of my photographer friends in Georgetown. After a tasty and fun lunch at Filomena, we headed out to play with our cameras a bit.

Kim let me try out her 35mm L lens. (Canon shooters will appreciate the deliciousness of this!)
IMG_8345

Then Michele suggested I check out her 20mm wide angle lens - WHOA! Everything fits in the frame!
IMG_8368_web

Including my toes!
IMG_8367

After hanging with them until about 6pm, I jumped back the metro to meet up with the guys. We grabbed a quick Qdoba dinner and headed out to tour the monuments at night. We took the scenic route which is how the poor dad ended up with blisters nearly the size of my palm! I was beat from walking around Georgetown, but got some cool shots that night.

Capitol Building
IMG_8413

Washington Monument from the side we approached (opposite Lincoln)
IMG_8420

Washington Monument + Vietnam War Memorial
IMG_8440

There are lots more on my computer, but this is it so far! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment