Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day One: Seattle to Coeur d'Alene

Randy & Rebecca here!

Our first stop was 8 blocks from breakfast to pick up ice for the cooler and a couple of sodas (the pop machine at Julia's was busted! Doh!) As expected Rebecca had to stop by the little room (micro bladder). Yes, really. Eventually we made it onto I-90.

The first REAL stop was in Cle Elum, WA. This was a real bathroom stop. ;) (Aren't you loving all of the detail???) We didn't grab any pictures, we were too busy getting cookies! YUM.

We got back on the road with our treats. We pulled into Spokane at 4pm. We need to pick up a couple of more memory cards for our cameras (go team Canon!) so we hit up the Costco in Spokane Valley. Only to find they had none. LAME. We got right back in the car and headed out to the final destination of the day - Coeur d'Alene, ID.



We were gracefully received by Shirlene at her lovely home at the foothill of a mountain in ID. It's lovely here! We even saw deer before dinner. :) We were served a wonderful meal (Jake, I got you the recipe!) during which, I (Randy) got to tell one of my all time favorite stories of Rebecca's youth. It's definitely my favorite story of one of the kids driving. Ask me about it sometime, it's GOOD!



So I (Rebecca) was working on making a few quick adjustments to today's images, when I saw Dad in the corner of my eye with his new Flip UltraHD camera. He started coming in real close... Check it out for yourself! ;)



Good night! We've got a long day tomorrow in Wyoming!

2 comments:

  1. Okay this is a little hard to follow at times. Maybe each of you need to do a separate post each day. Or multiple times a day. But separate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy... do please elaborate and tell us the story about Rebecca. I'd really like to hear that dirt!!!

    ReplyDelete