Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 8 (RJS) - I have the greatest friends ever. Seriously.

Several years now, I joined a chat board with a bunch of girls into photography. Through this board I have met some of the most amazing, talented, generous, wonderful women out there. Today I got to meet 4 of them in person. :D My friends, Michele, Kim, Kelly & Amy, came to spend the day with me while the guys went to the rally. We met up in Georgetown (it's OLD!) and had lunch, cruised around, sat and chatted in a mall, walked around some more. It was so, so fun!

I can't even really explain what it's like... I've known most of these girls for over 3 years now and we chat (fb, the board, text, etc) on a pretty regularly basis. I might even wager I talk to Kim online as much as I do Adam these days! I am so, so blessed. While my feet and legs are TIRED and SORE from walking around (Georgetown for 2-3 hours and then around the monuments for 3-4 hours) my heart is so full and happy. Yeah, I'm a little cheesy - deal! ;)

If I can find an outlet at BWI and I have time to sit for a bit, I'll try to get some shots up. We really had the bestest time. Now I just need to talk my sweet husband into 4-5 day adventures in Chicago, Philly, Jersey & DC. :D

Here is a shot of me with the gals! We had a random passerby shoot it real quick. It turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Love it, and I had so much fun "meeting" all of you guys in person. =D Thanks so much for arranging it! (oh, my sad little blog is http://pipercalliedocious.blogspot.com/) since you might not have the link) so people know who the heck you are talking about. =D

    ReplyDelete