Thursday, August 26, 2010

Smoque BBQ Review


Smoque BBQ
3800 North Pulaski
Chicago, IL

This was the first triple 'D' restaurant we visited. I was really glad that we showed up on Tuesday because we both looked at the door and saw that they were closed on Monday. We would have been really ticked off, After the Voula's disaster.

We had driven all day ending in Chicago rush hour traffic. We abandoned the freeway (parking lot) and Rebecca successfully navigated us through numerous back streets to Smoque. I was very pleased with the aroma as we walked in. The line wasn't too long and we quickly ordered. Rebecca ordered sliced brisket and pork. Looked good. I got the 1/2 rack of baby back ribs, Coleslaw, baked beans and corn bread. Then I finished it all off with some Peach cobbler (small so as not to spike my blood sugar). I found the entire meal quite delightful including the conversation with my charming daughter, navigator and eastward traveling compatriot. So if you are ever in Chicago and must have some good BBQ be sure to check it out. I'm certain I will return in the future to try out some other things on the menu. http://www.smoquebbq.com/menu.html


No comments:

Post a Comment