Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 8 - DC Memorials After Dark

Last night we went on an epic walk around DC. We saw walked down Pennsylvania Ave up to the Capitol building and then back down to the Lincoln Memorial and up to GWU to catch the metro. Here's some of the pictures I got. I'm sure Rebecca will post some in the near future in an attempt to over do me with her photographic skills but at least I'm first. What!


Washington Monument from the Vietnam Wall


Lincoln Memorial through the World War II Memorial


Fountains at the World War II Memorial


Capitol Building

There are also more pics on my flickr account if you're interested. As for now it's already noon and we haven't left the hotel room. It's time to head out to Arlington, see the rest of the memorials we missed yesterday (Jefferson, FDR, etc), and hit up a couple other spots (Library of Congress, Supreme Court).

Couple more picture, showing love for the home state:



1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, this is great. Thanks for posting. I remember Jamie and I making that walk to Abe's statue years ago. I had goosebumps, it's SO AMAZING. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete