Friday, August 27, 2010

Silk City Diner

Silk City Diner Bar & Lounge 
435 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123


We landed in Philadelphia Thursday night tired and without a plan for dinner.Rebecca hopped on to her I Phone and looked up the nearest Triple 'D' location and off we went. Coming off the White Palace Grill experience I wasn't feeling too excited about the possibilities. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. We both ordered the Meatloaf and we both left very happy. It was about the size of my fist and wrapped in bacon (that might be the way I want to be buried). Then it was covered in a mushroom gravy sauce that would make Adam's flip flops taste good. All that rested on mashed potatoes with peas filling out the plate. Did I mention I loved it!!! I must return to Philly yo try their other entree's (hear that Sharon, were going to Philly),but not in the summer. 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously people, the meatloaf was GOOD. I barely salted it! And for those that know me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE salt. But this was perfect right out of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete